The Pastoral Team helps to support children with SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health needs) as well as providing information, advice and guidance for families. The pastoral team consists of 2 highly skilled L3 SSA's and a number of L2 SSA's. We always work in close partnership with teachers, parents/carers and other specialist agencies.
Our aim is to identify any concerns or issues at the earliest possible opportunity and remove any barriers to learning which may be preventing our children from reaching their potential. We pride ourselves in knowing our children well and working alongside colleagues to identify barriers to learning. We aim to develop positive relationships with children and their families. We respond as quickly as possible to any issues and ensure that difficulties are discussed and resolved in the best possible way. The Pastoral Support Team at St Stephen’s offer help and support in the following areas:
• Behaviour support/management
• Emotional help (including anger management)
• Academic support (including intervention work)
• Restorative Approaches
• Peer mediation
• Links to specialist external agencies when needed
• Motivational/ Self Esteem groups
• Family Values support group
• ASD Support group
• Bereavement Support
• Social skills
• Lifelong skills
• Adverse Childhood Experience support.