At St. Stephen’s Church of England Primary we want a school where:
- Children are the priority, they feel safe and thrive
- We value each child as an individual and seek to bring out the best in him/her
- Staff members are approachable, committed and dedicated to providing the best possible education for our children
- Passion, enthusiasm and drive is at the heart of everything we do
- Children achieve highly and are well prepared for a successful future
- There is a distinctive Christian ethos along with a mutual respect for all faiths.
- We are an inclusive school promoting respect, tolerance and harmony among children and staff of diverse backgrounds and racial origins
- An enriched holistic curriculum meets the needs of all groups of learners, enabling them to become articulate, resilient and independent learners.
- We encourage the children to aspire , take risks, engage and collaborate
- We nurture all to appreciate being part of a God centred community and be responsible citizens, promoting mental well-being.
- There are positive partnerships and mutual respect with all stakeholders; parents, governors, church, the community.
- We value family engagement and endeavour to work in partnership to raise aspirations for our children to become confident, successful and ambitious learners.
- We provide positive role models for all pupils.
- The workforce is happy and takes pride in making a difference to our children.