Welcome to Year 1!
Welcome to our Year 1 class page.
Our class teachers are:
Miss S Patel Mrs G Farrimond
1 Rowan 1 Birch
This Week's Oscar and Captain's Table Winners
Oscar Winner - Mohammed Azaan Rehman
Captains Table Winner - Jack Richardson
Oscar Winner - Ellie Richardson
Captains Table Winner - Safoorah Qadir
Autumn Two: Whatever the Weather
As part of this topic will be exploring the seasons and weather. Children will be completing a daily weather chart and linking weather to the seasons. They will learn about climate around the world as well as the impact that climate change is having on our planet.
Below are our interesting areas of focus for this half term in each subject:
- Phonics focus: Securing Set 2 Sounds and learning Set 3 sounds.
- Literacy texts: After the Storm (Percy the Park Keeper) and Kippers Snowy Day
- Maths: Geometry and Shapes, Place Value with 20
- Science: Big Question - Why do we have different seasons?
- Topic (Geography): Big Question - How does the weather affect our lives?
- RE: Big Question - What is the true meaning of Christmas?
- PSHE: Community.
Our British Value this half term is: Tolerance
Our Christian Value this half term is: Peace
These values are woven in our worship and our learning.
Year 1 Curriculum Map
Please have a look at our Year 1 Curriculum Map which will give you a detailed overview of our learning this year in all subject areas. It also gives you extra exciting information about any trips, visits and additional learning experiences the children will enjoy this year!
Year 1 Clubs - Autumn Term
Gymnastics Club (Autumn 1)
Reading Club (Autumn 1 and 2)
Games Club (Autumn 1 and 2)
Reading Buddies (Autumn 2)
Autumn Term - dates for your diary
- Monday 29th October - School reopens at 8:45 am
- Tuesday 30th October - Library Bus in school (groups of children will visit the bus during the day)
- Monday 12th November - Anti-Bullying Week
- Friday 16th November - Friendship Friday
- Monday 19th November - World Nursery Rhyme Week
- Thursday 13th December - KS1 Pantomime Trip
- Monday 17th December - KS1 Nativity Performance - 2 pm
- Tuesday 18th December - Christmas dinner
- Wednesday 19th December - Christingle Service at Church led by Year 3 - 9 am.
- Thursday 20th December - Christmas Parties
- Friday 21st December - School finishes for Christmas holidays - 2pm
Phonics and Literacy
We love to practise our phonics and literacy skills by singing along to our favourite Scratch Garden songs.
Learn about dividing words, making beats, and counting syllables with this super fun animation:
We use daily number songs to help us learn and recite our number bonds and facts. We love singing along and dancing to Jack Hartmann's counting songs!
Teach your children to count to 100 as they get some great exercise too. This cool kid-friendly song starts out with a message about staying healthy and fit and having fun counting to 100 together.
The following websites will help you to support your child's learning at home, using fun and interactive games and songs.
Year 1 Curriculum Newsletters - 2018/19