Welcome to Year 2!
Welcome to our Year 2 class page. We have lots of exciting learning experiences to share with you. Below is a brief overview of our half-term of learning. If you have any questions please feel free to come and ask
Our class teachers are:
Miss Parker Mrs Gheewala
2 Holly 2 Maple
Our Teaching Assistants are:
Holly Class - Mrs Makda and Miss Fizz (SSA)
Maple Class - Mrs Wareing and Mrs Karolia (SSA)
This term our topic will focus on
'Oceans and Seas'.
We will learn the names of all the major oceans and continents of the world.
In science we will explore living things in the ocean and what we can do to prevent our oceans and seas becoming polluted.
We aim to produce beautiful artwork from studying seascapes by artists like Monet and Hokusai.
Don't forget our trip to Blackpool Sea Life Centre on Thursday 20th June. We can't wait!!
Spring Term - dates for your diary
- Monday 3rd June - school reopens
- Wednesday 5th June - SCHOOL CLOSED FOR EID
- Tuesday 18th June - Athlete visit to school
- Thursday 20th June - Year 2 trip to Blackpool Sea Life Centre
- Tuesday 25th June - KS1 Sports Day
- Wednesday 3rd July - Move up morning
- Thursday 11th July - opening morning for collecting reports
- Monday 15th July - KS1 Prize giving assembly
- Friday 19th July - SCHOOL CLOSES AT 2PM FOR SUMMER.
We need your support!
Please support us by ensuring you listen to your child read everyday and sign their home reading books. Home reading books will be changed twice a week.
Your children will bring an additional library book which will be changed on a weekly basis. Please encourage your child to read this as well.
Homework will be given out every Friday and this will vary each week.
A spelling list will be sent home every Friday. Please help your child practise these.
Please help your child learn their times tables facts. By the end of year 2 children should know the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication facts.