Welcome to Year 2!
Welcome to our Year 2 class page. We have lots of exciting learning experiences to share with you. Below is a brief overview of our half-term of learning. If you have any questions please feel free to come and ask
Our class teachers are:
Miss Parker Mrs Gheewala
2 Holly 2 Maple
Autumn Term 2
Ahoy there my Matey!
We will be using the text 'A New Home for a Pirate' as our focus for English. We will write a new ending for the story and learn how to write instructions for building a pirate ship.
Number: Addition and Subtraction
This half-term we will be focusing on adding and subtracting 2 digit numbers. We will complete problem solving tasks involving money and begin to work on multiplying including the 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
The first topic focuses on Materials looking at how different materials are suitable for different purposes. We will be making boats on 'Pirate Day' and thinking about the materials we use and why they make a good boat.
We will be busy this term putting together a fantastic performance for Christmas so our topic lessons will look at the history of how Christmas was celebrated in the Victorian times.
Autumn Term - dates for your diary
- Monday 29th October - School re-opens
- Tuesday 30th October - Pirate Day
- Monday 12th November - Anti-Bullying Week starts
- Friday 16th November - Children in Need fundraising day.
- Thursday 13th December - KS1 Panto trip - Darwen Library Theatre
- Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th December - KS1 Nativity performance
- Friday 21st December - School closes at 2pm.