"Art speaks where words are unable to explain"
Welcome to our Art page!
Here at St Stephen's we believe a high-quality art and design education engages, inspires and challenges pupils. It equips children with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design, as well as develop a flair for creativity.
We aim to:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- use a range of mixed media to design and make products
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- appreciate our local environment and use it as inspiration for our own masterpieces
- nurture God-given talents.
We intend to deliver an Art Curriculum that contributes to the development of all aspects of a child’s powers and personality, thus allowing them to flourish in the wider world. Our children are provided with opportunities to develop their skills and techniques, unlock their talents and build their resilience and confidence by celebrating their artwork in different ways. Please browse the gallery below to view some of the artwork displayed around our school, including in our very own Art Gallery!
Art Curriculum Overview EYFS-Year 6
Put your artistic skills to the test and have a go at the 30 day challenge below!
Scroll down the page to access websites for fun activity ideas too.