Sports Funding Information
Basis of allocation:
Allocations for the academic year will be calculated using the number of pupils in years 1 to 6 (or aged 5 to 10 years where pupils are not recorded by year group), as recorded on January census, as follows:
• schools with 17 or more pupils receive £16,000 plus £10 per pupil
• schools with 16 or fewer pupils receive £1,000 per pupil The premium must be made available by the LA to the school irrespective of the existence of any deficit relating to the expenditure of the school’s budget share.
The premium is not part of schools’ budget shares and is not part of the Individual Schools Budget. The premium must be spent by maintained schools on improving the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of pupils to give them the opportunity to develop a healthy lifestyle.
Basis of spending:
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that the premium should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
5 key indicators for improvement:
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Sports Action Plans
The action plans outline our yearly achievements, next steps and areas for development in PE and sports to ensure that our children are receiving the best possible physical education lessons. They ensure that we, at St. Stephen's, are providing our children with opportunities to enable all pupils to develop the basic skills needed grow and become healthy and fit individuals whilst addressing the 5 key indicators outlined by the Department for Education. We design bespoke opportunities for all of our pupils to help them demonstrate sporting talents and to inspire children to be the best that they can be in the sporting world.