Fun facts & challenges
Bet you didn't know.....
- It is impossible for most people to lick their own elbow. (try it!)
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- A shrimp's heart is in its head.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- If you sneeze too hard, you could fracture a rib.
- The longest one-syllable words in the English language are "scraunched" and "strengthed." Some suggest that "squirreled" could be included, but squirrel is intended to be pronounced as two syllables (squir-rel) according to most dictionaries. "Screeched" and "strengths" are two other long one-syllable words, but they only have 9 letters.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt"
- The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is believed to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language (can you say it?)
Can you write your own tongue twister and challenge your friends to say it?