Welcome to Year 4
Your class teachers are:
4 Ash - Miss K Pickering 4 Lilac - Miss R Hillary
Year 4 is an exciting year at St. Stephen's. We are really lucky to study some fascinating topics like The Romans, The water cycle and Electricity and we will also go on amazing trips to Ribchester Roman Museum and Manchester Science Museum.
Our Spiritual and Religious Learning
This half term we have been focusing on David and the Psalms in our RE lessons. We have explored the values of courage, friendship and loyalty.
(1 Samuel 16:7)
"For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart."
Key Events in Year 4
- Pop UK Performance - Tuesday 24th September 2019
- Harvest Festival - Friday 4th October 2019
- Come and Watch Me Learn: Guided Reading - Wednesday 9th October 2019
- Ribchester Roman Museum - Thursday 17th October 2019.
- Roman Day - Wednesday 30th October 2019
- Christmas Pantomime - Friday 13th December 2019
- Christmas Parties - Thursday 19th December 2019
- WOPS Ukulele Performance - December 2019
- Come and Watch Me Learn: Maths - February 2020
- Manchester Science Museum - Spring term: April 2020
- WOPS Ukulele Performance - April 2020
- Come and Watch Me Learn: Writing - May 2020
- Anglo-Saxon Visitor - June 2020
- WOPS Ukulele Performance - July 2020
Autumn Term: When in Rome
Through our Topic work this term, we will explore how the Romans changed life in Britain and use artefacts to understand how the Romans lived.
Below are our interesting areas of focus for this half term in each subject:
- Literacy texts: Escape from Pompeii
- Maths: Number and Place Value
- Science: States of Matter, The Digestive System
- History/Geography: The Romans
- RE: The light of Jesus
- French: Les animaux
- Music: Ukulele lessons
Come and Watch Me Learn: Guided Reading
A big thank you to all our parents in Year 4 who joined us for our guided reading session this term. We really enjoyed sharing our learning with you.
Ribchester Roman Museum Trip
We had a fantastic time exploring Ribchester Roman museum. We saw lots of interesting artefacts and we explored parts of a fort and the Roman bath house.
Home Learning Expectations
Homework will be given out every Friday and will include: spellings, times tables and a reading, writing or maths focus that may link to the current topic. This is expected to be handed in fully completed by Wednesday at the latest, with a spelling and times tables test on Friday. Children will bring home a reading book, which should be read every night, and their diaries signed to say that they have done this.
Year 4 Curriculum Map
Please have a look at our Year 4 Curriculum Map which will give you a detailed overview of our learning this
year in all subject areas. It also gives you extra exciting information about any trips, visits and additional learning experiences the children will enjoy this year.
Below you will find our Year 4 targets and curriculum newsletters, along with websites that will help you to support your child's learning at home, using fun and interactive games and songs.