Welcome to Year 4
Your class teachers are:
4 Ash - Miss Pickering 4 Lilac - Miss Hillary
Year 4 is an exciting year at St. Stephen's. We are really lucky to study some fascinating topics like The Romans, The water cycle and Electricity and we will also go on amazing trips to Ribchester Roman Museum and Manchester Science Museum.
Spring Term: Our Local Environment
Through our Topic work this term, we will explore how and why our local environment has changed.
Below are our interesting areas of focus for this half term in each subject:
- Literacy texts: Into the Forest
- Maths: Multiplication and Division, Measurement
- Science: The Water Cycle, Electricity
- History/Geography: Changes in our local area
- RE: Jesus, the Son of God
- French: Le Royaume-Uni
- Music: Ukulele lessons
Ribchester Roman Museum Trip
We had a fantastic time exploring Ribchester Roman museum. We saw lots of interesting artefacts and we explored parts of a fort and the Roman bath house.
Dates for your diary
- Parents' Meetings - Monday 4th and 11th January 2019 (8.30am-3.30pm), Tuesday 26th February 2019 (3.30pm-5.30pm), Wednesday 27th February 2019 (5.00pm-7.00pm)
- HALF TERM - Week beginning Monday 18th February.
- Manchester Science Museum - Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
- SCHOOL CLOSES - Friday 5th April 2019.
Home Learning Expectations
Homework will be given out every Friday and will include: spellings, times tables and a reading, writing or maths focus that may link to the current topic. This is expected to be handed in fully completed by Wednesday at the latest, with a spelling and times tables test on Friday. Children will bring home a reading book, which should be read every night, and their diaries signed to say that they have done this.
Year 4 Curriculum Map
Please have a look at our Year 4 Curriculum Map which will give you a detailed overview of our learning this
year in all subject areas. It also gives you extra exciting information about any trips, visits and additional learning experiences the children will enjoy this year.
Useful information and links to websites
Below you will find our Year 4 curriculum newsletter, along with websites that will help you to support your child's learning at home, using fun and interactive games and songs.