Welcome to the Year 3 class page!
We are so excited to welcome you back to another wonderful term! Hope you all have had a superb summer break and have enjoyed spending quality family time together. We have got lots of fun and engaging lessons planned for the Autumn term! Hope you are all ready and have re-charged your brains and body for the term ahead!
Meet the year 3 team:
3 Lime 3 Palm
Mrs Gheewala Mrs Hussain
Class Teacher Class Teacher
Our support staff are:
Mrs Mukadam (3 Lime) Mrs Seedat (3 Palm)
Mrs Patel - SSA pm only (3 Lime)
' Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it'.
In the event of a bubble closure, please refer to your child's Showbie accounts to access details about the timetabling and live zoom sessions that will take place.
If your child has to isolate due to being in close contact with someone who has tested positive, we will provide work for you via your child's Showbie accounts. It is important that your child attends the live zoom sessions and completes the learning if they are well,
TERMLY CURRICULUM NEWSLETTERS
Please refer to this section to gain an understanding of your child's learning every term.
Home Reading Books
Home reading books can be changed as and when children need to. Please do listen to your child read every day and sign their reading diary. It is extremely important that your child reads for 15 minutes everyday as this will help your child to develop fluency and have a better understanding of the book they are reading.
Year 3 are timetabled to use the school library twice a week. As the timetable varies each week,
PLEASE COULD YOU ENSURE THAT BORROWED BOOKS AND THE HOME READING DIARY STAY IN YOUR CHILD'S HOME READING BAG. This will allow us to change them when we need to. THANK YOU.
Suggested QUESTIONS you can ask your child when listening to them read.
TOP TIPS for Reading
- Encourage your child to use the RWI sounds to sound out unfamiliar words.
- Ask questions about what may be happening in the story and make links to real life.
- If you don't know how to pronounce a word, type it in google and use the microphone tool and listen to the pronunciation.
- Always check that children are understanding the words that they are reading.
- Refer to the pictures in the book to help your child gain a better understanding of what is happening in the text.
- Use the parent question prompt sheets to support you in asking your child questions whilst they're reading.
- Take some time out to read to your child.
- Encourage your child to read for 15 minutes every day.
All you need to know about PE!
Your child will take part in PE on the following days:
PE sessions are currently being held on:
Palm - Monday and Wednesday
Lime - Wednesday
Both classes will be taking part in orienteering and Relax kids on Friday mornings.
Please ensure that your child’s PE kit is in school, the rules have slightly changed and children are now allowed to get dressed for PE in school now. As the weather is unpredictable, please could you ensure jogging bottoms and shorts are in your child’s PE bag. Jewellery must not be worn on PE days and should be removed at home and plasters should be applied on earrings.
Swimming will start for Lime class on Thursday 16th September. Please ensure your child brings their kit to school on this day. This needs to include a large shopping bag, towel, trunks/swimming costume and cap.