Welcome to the Year 3 class page!
We are so excited to welcome you back to another wonderful term! Hope you all have had a superb break and have enjoyed spending quality family time together. We have got lots of fun and engaging lessons planned for the Spring term! Hope you are all ready and have re-charged your brains and body for the term ahead!
Meet the year 3 team:
3 Lime 3 Palm
Mrs Gheewala Mrs Hussain
Class Teacher Class Teacher
Our support staff are:
Mrs Mukadam (3 Lime) Mrs Seedat (3 Palm)
Mrs Patel - SSA am only (3 Lime)
' Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it'.
If your child has to isolate due to being tested positive for COVID, we will provide work for your child via thier Showbie account. It is important that your child attends the live zoom sessions and completes the learning IF THEY ARE WELL.
TERMLY CURRICULUM NEWSLETTERS
Please refer to this section to gain an understanding of your child's learning every term.
Home Reading Books
Home reading books can be changed as and when children need to. Please do listen to your child read every day and sign their reading diary. It is extremely important that your child reads for 15 minutes everyday as this will help your child to develop fluency and have a better understanding of the book they are reading.
Library books will be changed on a weekly basis.
Lime Class - Wednesday
Palm Class - Thursday
PLEASE COULD YOU ENSURE THAT BORROWED BOOKS AND THE HOME READING DIARY STAY IN YOUR CHILD'S HOME READING BAG. This will allow us to change them when we need to. THANK YOU.
Suggested QUESTIONS you can ask your child when listening to them read.
TOP TIPS for Reading
- Encourage your child to use the RWI sounds to sound out unfamiliar words.
- Ask questions about what may be happening in the story and make links to real life.
- If you don't know how to pronounce a word, type it in google and use the microphone tool and listen to the pronunciation.
- Always check that children are understanding the words that they are reading.
- Refer to the pictures in the book to help your child gain a better understanding of what is happening in the text.
- Use the parent question prompt sheets to support you in asking your child questions whilst they're reading.
- Take some time out to read to your child.
- Encourage your child to read for 15 minutes every day.
All you need to know about PE!
Your child will take part in PE on the following days:
PE sessions are currently being held on:
Palm - Monday and Wednesday
Lime - Wednesday
Please ensure that your child’s PE kit is in school, the rules have slightly changed and children are now allowed to get dressed for PE in school now. As the weather is unpredictable, please could you ensure jogging bottoms and shorts are in your child’s PE bag. Jewellery must not be worn on PE days and should be removed at home and plasters should be applied if they can't be removed.
Lime Class will continue the swimming sessions until the February half term holidays. Palm Class will start their sessions after the half term - Parents in Palm Class will be informed nearer to the time.