Induction for EYFS
It is important to us that you and your child feels happy, confident and safe when they join our school family.
Here at St Stephens, we pride ourselves on our robust Induction Plan for our new children and families. Our aim is to ensure that your both you and your child feel part of our school family long before September.
Summer 2021 Induction Plans
The last year and a half has been a very uncertain time for all of us and we regret that we will not be able to follow our normal Induction Plan again this year. However, we are still as committed as ever to ensuring that you and your child get to know us and that we get to know you therefore ensuring that your child's first steps into school are as smooth, settled and happy as they can possibly be.
The ongoing global pandemic has meant that we have had to think of alternative ways for you to get to know us. We have already been in touch with pre-school settings and have been finding out all about our new children from their Key Workers. We thought it was important that the next step was to introduce ourselves and give you a virtual tour of our EYFS space. Below you will find videos from our EYFS staff along with a virtual tour which gives you a taster of all the exciting things you will be doing at St Stephens!
Please continue to regularly check your emails and this webpage for more updates as we will post lots of information on here along with details of any future events that you and your child will be invited to!
We can't wait to welcome you to our school very soon! Take care and stay safe!
Letters for new parents
Induction Meeting for New Parents
Please click HERE to watch our New Intake Induction Meeting for Parents
This is a recording of the video call which took place.
Welcome to School Information Booklet
School Dinner Menu
Additional Support for Parents
Hello from Mrs Farrimond
Hello from Miss Kirkbright
Hello from Mrs Patel
Hello from Mrs Deshmukh
Hello from Mrs Fulat
EYFS Virtual Tour
Details of our Normal Induction Programme
During the Summer Term, prior to starting school the following September, there are several parts of Induction that take place. These are detailed below:
- Parents are invited to attend an ‘Induction Meeting’ at school.
- Foundation Stage staff visit pre-school settings to meet the children and their Key Workers.
- Foundation Stage staff complete Home Visits.
- Children and parents are invited to ‘Stay and Play’ mornings in school.
- Children visit school with their Key Workers if they are in a pre-school setting and it is possible for nursery staff to accompany them.
- Children attend an ‘Induction morning’ on their own towards the end of the academic year.
- Any children with Special Education Needs and children who pre-school staff or parents think will struggle to settle at school are invited to visit weekly during the final half term.
In September, the children have a staggered but swift introduction to school. The children are inducted over the course of three days with twenty new children arriving each day. The youngest children who may have more difficulty in settling start school first and are joined by the rest of the children over the following two days with twenty more joining them each day.
It is important to say that if you have any questions, queries or concerns at any point you are most welcome to contact school.