The designated senior person for safeguarding and child protection is: Miss B Lalsing
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01254 277350
The deputy designated person is Mrs Young
The nominated safeguarding and child protection governor is Mr Naushad Surve
The Head Teacher is Mrs Jacquelyn Young
Contact email: email@example.com Tel: 01254 277350
The LADO for Blackburn with Darwen is: Megan Dumpleton
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01254 585184
Blackburn with Darwen – Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH): 01254 666400
Blackburn with Darwen – Emergency Duty Team: 01254 587547 (out of office hours)
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel safe, secure, valued and respected and feel confident as are encouraged to talk, believing they will be effectively listened to.
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- Provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm, and ensure we, the school, contribute to assessments of need and support for those children.
- Include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for PSHE which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe and / or communicate their fears or concerns about abuse.
- Include in the curriculum material which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life, particularly with regard to childcare and parenting skills.
- Ensure that every effort will be made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
- To ensure that all staff working within our school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, including verification of their identity, qualifications, and a satisfactory DBS check (according to guidance) , and a single central record is kept for audit.